26 May, 2012
Mission: To mobilize and catalyze the engagement of scientists, professionals, NGO’s, academic institutions and professional societies to advance higher education, science and research in Arab countries.
Objectives: To contribute to the advancement of science, technology, higher education and research in the Arab region through supporting scientific human capacity building, development of academic and research programs and providing scientific, technical and material support to local academic, scientists and universities. SASTA will seek to achieve these objectives by
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive database of Arab expatriate and scientists in the Arab world and develop tools that would enable the use of this database as a catalyst for capacity building through networking and collaboration between scientists in the Arab world and abroad.
- Establishing partnerships with universities, NGO’s, professional societies and industries in and outside the region.
- Developing programs to train local scientist in specific research areas of special importance to their local society needs and/or national priorities
- Acting as an independent non-partisan scientific body on issues related to science and its advancement in the Arab region
- Promote science based programs on sustainable economic development and establish a cooperation of sustainable science and technology between academic institutions, industry and government.
SASTA is registered as a non-profit organization with the Office of the Secretary of State of California on October,1 2011