SASTA is looking for an Administrative Assistant Volunteer.
SASTA is looking for a volunteer Administrative Assistant. Read the following and apply!
- Coordinate SASTA membership affairs (searching for eligible members and sending full or associate membership invitations).
- Invite Arab scientists in the diaspora to be featured on SASTA’s website.
- Create SASTA members’ surveys, registration forms for SASTA Workshops, and application forms to recruit new volunteers.
- Create and regularly update spreadsheets for SASTA databases (members, volunteers, projects, partnerships, correspondence with Arab scientists, etc).
- Arrange and attend all the required meetings, and write down meeting minutes and next action items.
- Assist in the planning, and implementation of projects.
- Working in an international team of volunteers.
- Practicing your administrative skills (Planning, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Forms).
- Getting the chance to attend members’ meetings, enjoy free tickets to global forums and conferences, and be among a group of elite Arab scientists.
- Having the chance to meet and actually work with international organizations.
- Assisting in project management.
- Enhancing your interpersonal and communication skills.
Apply via this form. We are looking forward to having you on the team!
Check what our latest Administrative Assistant volunteer says about her experience!
Lana Koubaitary (2022):
“ During the past year, I have worked as the Administrative Assistant to the President of the Society for the Advancement of Science and Technology in the Arab world (SASTA). Working in this capacity highly enhanced my organizational and interpersonal skills and taught me how to coordinate project activities and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
As a volunteer, I recently led the implementation of the Global Conference for Diaspora Networks in Science. My role required me to manage a team of volunteers and guide them through the creation of their tasks, which taught me a lot about effective communication, time management, and compassionate mentoring.
When you volunteer at SASTA, you never stop learning, developing new skills, gaining new insights about different communities, organizations, and fields, as well as learning more about yourself.
I have had a very fruitful year at SASTA, and I encourage everyone with the time and skills to apply. “