February 11 marks the International Day of Women and Girls in Science, and SASTA would like to celebrate this day by congratulating Professor Abeer Al Bawab, For recieved the IUPAC award for Distinguished Women in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering 2021.
Abeer Al Bawab:
Professor of Physical Chemistry in The University of Jordan (UJ) with almost of 24 years teaching experience & specific work interest in enhancing education & conducting research & managing scientific projects (National and International) more than 30 projects with total budget around 3 million JD.
Published more than 75 high quality papers in high standard international journals & conferences.
Supervisor More than 30 graduate student during her career.
- Former General Director of Scientific Research Support Fund (SRF), Ministry of Higher Education& Scientific Research (MoHE).
- Former Dean for the Deanship of Academic Research (DAR) in UJ
- Former Director for a research center (HMCSR) in UJ.
Moderator or Participant in many trainings Professional Training & Workshop in Jordan or abroad.
Travelling to more than 40 countries for chairing, lecturing, attending, or moderating for congress, conference, symposium, meeting or workshop through funded projects or scientific networking.
- Chair of Jordanian HEREs (Higher Education Reform Experts, EC 2018-now) while previously Member of Jordanian HEREs (2014-2018)
- Former President of the Jordanian Chemical Society (JCS) (2014-2018)
- Former Vice Chairwoman for Association of Jordanian Women Academics
- Former member of the Board of Trustees for (PSUT) ( 2015-2018)