26 May, 2012
Student Membership Application
Any pre- or postgraduate student who is from the Arab region regardless of where he/she currently reside can be a Student member and can be part of the student committees and as a non-voting representation at the board of the society.
- An Arab is defined anyone speaking the language, or of heritage from the Arab countries if they don’t speak it. Non-Arabs who show dedication to help the region would also be considered for membership.
- Having a current student status or showing clear indications for pursuing further graduate education is expected of student members.
- Student members are expected to participate in SASTA activities, ad hoc and subcommittees, and local chapters as they see befitting their interest or as the board of directors may designate.
- Student members will be added to social media and a listserv that will generate news, information and opportunities unique to student members that allows them to interact and network.
- Student Members will be invited to members only meetings, conferences and other events in the Arab region and abroad
- Student Members who have demonstrated exceptional service and commitment to SASTA and its mission and strategic objectives can be nominated to leadership and committee membership positions.
- Student Members will have access to world class experts in the different fields from around the world who might end up their mentors in graduate studies if they apply and qualify for such opportunities advertised by SASTA.