The majority of Dr Jauad’s activities are covered on his page.
- Dr Jauad was nominated member at the COMSTECH Science Advisory Committee and attended the first meeting in January, 2021.
- He was nominated as member of the R&D Scientific Committee of the International Desalination Association (IDA) in November 2020
- He was nominated as member at the European Desalination Society (EDS), and he is candidate to its board at its upcoming elections.
- He was nominated last October as a member at the EMME-Climate Change Initiative Task Force on Water Resources, Cyprus 2020 -2022 where he will be contributing to the task force’s reflections on water resources in the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East regions and providing technical contributions to its deliverables.
- He was selected as a representative among other experts from the MENA region at the Water Security consultative group on “Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate change and natural disasters”, which is one of the groups preparing the content for the next 9th World Water Forum, to be held in Senegal.
- He was nominated as CMI Hackathon 2020 Expert/Mentor and will serve for a similar activity in 2021
- He carried out a regional study for Konrad Adenauer Stiftung – Regional Program Energy Security and Climate Change Middle East and North Africa (KAS –REMENA).
[“Desalination as an alternative to alleviate water scarcity and a climate change adaptation option in the MENA region”: ISBN 978-3-95721-811-7]
- He supervised an international report devising that there’s no alternative for the water crisis the Arab World is expected to meet other than water desalination.
Recent Science Communication activities:
- Dr Jauad was nominated the chair of the Sustainable Track of the Arab Science Week in Aug, 2020 where he organized an important number of webinars and sessions.
- He organized a series of webinars on water-energy-food nexus.
- He contributed as keynote at the webinar: “Achieving Water Security In A Changing World” in Oct, 2020
- He organized and moderated the session on Green Hydrogen Opportunities organized by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (REMENA).
Science Communication activities on COVID-19:
- Dr. Jauad made a talk about COVID19 and scientific efforts for the Islamic Development Bank.
- With Dutch and Omani experts, he organized a workshop on tracking the virus’s RNA in wastewater distribution networks
Science Diplomacy activities:
- He delivered a talk on science diplomacy for GYA-TWAS: SciD-SA (Science Diplomacy – South Asia) workshop 2020.
- He had an important contribution to the G20 policy briefs. J. El Kharraz, al. (2020), Promoting human-centric technologies and urban nexus for addressing Water-Energy-Food (WEF) sustainability challenges of smart cities, “policy brief for the G20 summit in Saudi Arabia”.
Dr Jauad as a co-author:
- One selected publication of Dr Jauad is as a co-author of a book chapter titled “Rainwater Harvesting: A Challenging Strategy to Relieve Water Scarcity in Rural Areas.” in the book “Smart Village Technology”.
[Aziz F., El Achaby M., Ouazzani N., El-Kharraz J., Mandi L. (2020), Rainwater Harvesting: A Challenging Strategy to Relieve Water Scarcity in Rural Areas. In: Patnaik S., Sen S., Mahmoud M. (eds) Smart Village Technology. Modeling and Optimization in Science and Technologies, vol 17. Springer, Cham]
Dr Jauad’s upcoming activities: In Feb, 2021,
- Keynote speaker at the Arab Forum on Science Communication
- Keynote speaker at the international conference on desalination and water purification (ICDWP2021) held by Amirkabir University of Technology at Bandarabbas Campus, Iran.
Apart from the above, Dr Jauad has been sharing hundreds of announcements (scholarships, opportunities, jobs, scientific innovations, success stories, etc) with more than 18.000 young Arab scientists through the groups and pages.