General Membership Application
All local and expatriate Arab scientists who are graduates (holders of a PhD, MD, DO, DDS or equivalent terminal degree) are eligible for membership and voting. All membership applications will be reviewed for eligibility based on the following general criteria
- An Arab is defined anyone speaking the language, or of heritage from the Arab countries if they don’t speak the language. Non-Arabs who show dedication to help the region would also be considered for membership.
- Having an active research profile is expected of members as this is a core of the mission of the society.
- Members are expected to participate in SASTA activities, ad hoc and subcommittees,and local chapters as they see befitting their interest or as the board of directors may designate.
- Members will be added to social media and a listserv that will generate news, information and opportunities unique to members that allows them to interact and network.
- Members will benefit from having their notable work being highlighted by our prestigious scientific society.
- Members will be invited to members only meetings, conferences and other events in the Arab region and abroad
- Members who have demonstrated exceptional service and commitment to SASTA and its mission and strategic objectives can be nominated to an Executive Committee position and share in the governance of the society.